Monday, September 9, 2013

How to Clean a Kitchen...

Photo: gizmodo.com.au


1° Organization: You can do a little every day, something every week or a general cleaning once a month
2° Products: I use ammonia which is the cheapest, with the windows open to avoid the suffocation for the smell not ... but there are specific degreasing kitchen in any store. This is to remove the fat that is what accumulates when cooking. There are some spray degreasers in the shops also good solvents. Some people do it with alcohol but for me it is not effective enough. Good luck with the cleaning!
Washcloths and scouring pad: The oldest ones of the kitchen before throwing them I use them for extra cleaning. If normal cleaning a microfiber cloth serves, but if is extra I prefer a cloth that I can then throw.
4° Distribution: 
by chapters
First machines: oven (specific product), stove, fridge (with bicarbonate) fume extractor (the filters in dishwasher).
Second: walls and furniture outside. Windows and glass.
Third: inside drawers and cabinets: remove, clean, rearrange, throw what is never used, replacing the old things like aged plastic or pans with damaged cladding.
Fourth: floors, corners ... I vacuum under the furniture removing the baseboards that reach the ground and I also vacuum behind the fridge.
So I have an order list to follow and I clean one time if dirt has accumulated or every week one of the 4 chapters, according to need...

By Alicia Bustos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...